Texas and Nebraska both announced that they’ve confirmed emerald ash borer in their states in the last month. Whenever a state discovers a high profile pest that can be transported by firewood within their boundaries, we here at Don’t Move Firewood like to remind them that we are here to serve their needs!
Here is a list of ideas for Texas, Nebraska, and any other state actively reaching out to the public on the topic of invasive pests and pathogens that move on firewood.
- We have limited supplies of temporary tattoos you can order via emailing us at info at dontmovefirewood dot org or you can read about how to order large quantities of them via our blog
- Likewise, we have limited supplies of two types of stickers you can order (our Mountain scene small rectangle sticker, and our That’s What Tree Said oval sticker) via emailing us at info at dontmovefirewood dot org
- Our educational movie Trees, Pests & People has a whole chapter (about 11 minutes long) on emerald ash borer. It is a great introduction to the subject. You can request DVDs for outreach via emailing us at info at dontmovefirewood dot org, or watch on YouTube.
- Our Emerald Ash Borer Awareness Week Toolkit has TONS of ideas for anyone working with emerald ash borer. Only a few are specific to EAB Awareness Week itself, the rest are good year-round
- Subscribe to our Firewood Professional Community Newsletter (subscribe via the right hand side of this page) for a monthly update on all things forest pests and firewood
Most of all, send us an email. The Don’t Move Firewood staff are here and eager to help. Good luck!