Need to report something?
Are you concerned that you’ve discovered a new infestation of a forest pest or pathogen? Did you find a strange bug, or do your trees look sickly in a way that you’ve never seen before?
United States Reporting:
Pests with specific reporting pages:
- Asian longhorned beetle: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/resources/pests-diseases/asian-longhorned-beetle/report-it
- Emerald ash borer: http://www.emeraldashborer.info/reporting-eab.php
- Goldspotted Oak Borer: https://ucanr.edu/sites/gsobinfo/Help_Monitor/Report_Goldspotted_Oak_Borer_Symptoms/
- Sudden Oak Death: http://www.suddenoakdeath.org/contacts/
General Pages covering multiple pests or unknown pests:
- For other pests of high interest to the USDA, select your state from this page to get reporting contact information: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/resources/pests-diseases/hungry-pests/pest-tracker
- First Detectors Report a Pest page, a simple interface to allow for reporting of many forest pests thru EDDMapS online: https://www.firstdetector.org/report-form
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Listing of National and Regional offices (they also cover plants and plant pests), http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/directory/offbure.shtml
This page and the links are accurate as of June 2019. Please note that these things change over time, and this is only a good-faith effort to help you out!