Many firewood-relevant regulatory changes happened in 2021 across the United States, due in large part to two separate pest related events; the deregulation of emerald ash borer, and a long term regional shift in the Eastern states’ approach to thousand cankers of walnut. With these changes and more at hand, in Fall and Winter 2021-2022 the team at Don’t Move Firewood wrote a comprehensive research and synthesis report of firewood regulations, certification, and outreach statuses, with the goal to provide simple and accurate professional comparative summaries for each major topic area.
The full report, with state and territory appendices, is now available to download here: FirewoodComparisonReport_July2022_re-issue
Multiple webinars will cover the report and its findings.
- February 23rd 2022: Hawaii Invasive Species Awareness Month, Hawaii focus. Recording not available.
- March 1st, 2022: Emerald Ash Borer University, National focus. Recording available here: Find on EABU page | Watch on YouTube
- March 4th, 2022 at noon Eastern: National Invasive Species Awareness Week, National focus. Watch on YouTube
- March 16th, 2022 at 11am Mountain time: Western EAB Cooperator Pre-Meeting Session. Specific focus on western states and emerald ash borer. Watch on YouTube
- April 2022: Western Plant Board. Recording not available.
- April 2022: Western Forest Insect Work Conference. Recording not available.