New Hampshire Summary:
New Hampshire’s exterior quarantine prohibits bringing out-of-state firewood into the state of New Hampshire. Nearly all types of firewood are prohibited via this regulation- hardwood, softwood, seasoned and green. Packaged heat treated firewood with a stamp showing heat treatment of at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes is permitted. To reduce the movement of forest pests within the state, authorities in the state of New Hampshire advise that firewood should be bought and used as locally as possible. This summary is accurate to the best of DMF staff abilities as of 5 October 2018.
New Hampshire Web Resources:
- New Hampshire Bugs, Firewood Information page
- Find firewood vendors in New Hampshire on Firewood Scout
- Firewood page, New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands
- Exterior Firewood Quarantine, New Hampshire Department of Agriculture Markets and Food
- Firewood Quarantine Frequently Asked Questions, New Hampshire Department of Agriculture Markets and Food
- Emerald Ash Borer Federal Quarantine and Authorized Transit map
- New Hampshire Buy It Where You Burn It poster
Do you have more links for New Hampshire? Help us out by clicking on the Submit A Link ribbon below.