The new Firewood for Home Heating 2018 Infographic has a variety of fun and educational components- and anyone is welcome to use it for firewood and forest pest education! To learn more about Firewood Month and the importance of making good firewood choices, please visit our Firewood Month Toolkit. This graphic is specially designed to be used during Week Four, where the focus is on firewood for home and cabin heating, although anyone is welcome to use it year-round.
- Full Infographic: PDF Version, no white border
- Full Infographic: PDF, white border for easy printing
- Full Infographic: PNG Graphical file version, best for embedding in websites
- Social Media Snippet: 89,000 in Ohio
- Social Media Snippet: Live Trees
- Social Media Snippet: 57% of Homeowners
- Social Media Snippet: Outreach Works
We could not have made such an informative resource without the information from these excellent sources (listed by roughly three rows of content):
Top Left to Right:
- Jacobi WR, Hardin JG, Goodrich BA, Cleaver CM, 2012. Retail firewood can transport live tree pests. Journal of Economic Entomology
- Hearth, Patio, and Barbeque Association, accessed 2015
Middle Left to Right:
- Diss-Torrance, A, Peterson, K, Robinson, C. 2015 Changing movement of firewood by campers: an eight year study of effect of regulation and education, in prep. Access a recent webinar covering this research on the Don’t Move Firewood blog or email Andrea Diss-Torrance, Invasive Forest Insects Program Coordinator for the State of Wisconsin, for more information.
- Environmental Protection Agency, BurnWise campaign, accessed 2015
Bottom Left to Right: