October is Firewood Month!
Moving firewood long distances can spread invasive forest pests hidden in or on the wood. Your firewood choices matter, and you can help slow the spread of these tree-killing pests. This October, we’ll be celebrating Firewood Month with our friends at Hungry Pests to help spread the word on this important topic!
Don’t move firewood – instead, make one of these better choices:
- Buy firewood where you’ll burn it.
- Buy certified heat treated firewood.
- Gather firewood on site when permitted.
You have the power to slow the spread of forest pests.
Learn more at these quick links:
- General information on firewood and forest pests
- Map of firewood related regulations and recommendations
- Information for fall campers, anglers, and hunters
- Information for people that heat a home or cabin with wood
- Firewood facts from our partners, Hungry Pests
- Social Media Image Library
Are you a professional in the field of trees, forests, agriculture, forest products, or invasive species? Visit our Firewood Month Toolkit!