Wyoming State Forestry Division advises that firewood be purchased and used locally to prevent the spread of native and invasive pests within state boundaries and to prevent pests from entering the state. Many visitors to Wyoming live in areas under quarantine for emerald ash borer, gypsy moth, and Asian longhorned beetle and it is illegal to move any regulated items including firewood from these quarantined zones into Wyoming. This summary is accurate to the best of DMF staff abilities as of 8 January 2018.
Wyoming Web Resources:
- Wyoming State Forestry Division, Firewood Information Site
- Guest blog, August 2017: Wyoming Firewood Education for Solar Eclipse Travelers
- Wyoming State Forestry Division Facebook page
- Wyoming State Forestry Division, Forest Health Management
- Wyoming Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey Listing
- Emerald Ash Borer Federal Quarantine and Authorized Transit map
- European Gypsy Moth North America Quarantine Map
Do you have more information for Wyoming? Click on the Submit a Link ribbon below!