The Kansas Department of Agriculture strongly advises that in general, no firewood should be brought from out of state into Kansas, and firewood from within Kansas should be used locally. It is against Kansas state law to bring walnut firewood into Kansas from any state or region infested with thousand cankers disease. It is also against federal law to move hardwood firewood out of known infested counties in Kansas (Atchison, Doniphan, Douglas, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Shawnee, Wyandotte) into any other county in Kansas, due to the confirmed presence of emerald ash borer. Many states in the Great Plains region near Kansas also have areas under quarantine for pests such as emerald ash borer, gypsy moth, and thousand cankers disease, and it is illegal to move any regulated items (most firewood is considered a regulated item) from quarantined zones out of those states and into Kansas. This summary is accurate to the best of DMF staff abilities as of 19 September 2019.
- Kansas Department of Agriculture firewood information page
- Kansas Department of Agriculture emerald ash borer information page
- Kansas Department of Agriculture thousand cankers disease information page
- Emerald Ash Borer Federal Quarantine and Authorized Transit map
- European Gypsy Moth North America Quarantine Map
- Thousand Cankers Disease information and map archives
- Thousand Cankers Pest Alert
- Firewood in Kansas Rules and Regulations for Sale and Movement Brochure
Do you have more links for Kansas? Help us out by clicking on the Submit A Link button below.