The ‘Don’t Move Firewood’ website was developed building on conversations under the auspices of the Continental Dialogue on Non-Native Forest Insects and Diseases. The Continental Dialogue is a group of organizations and individuals that cultivates and catalyzes collaborative action among diverse interests to abate the threat to North American forests from non-native insects and diseases. The website is owned by The Nature Conservancy as part of its efforts to support the actions of the Continental Dialogue.
For more information on the Dialogue please go to: http://www.continentalforestdialogue.org/
The Dialogue’s mission, vision, and agenda were developed by a group of leaders in diverse industries, universities, non-profit groups, and government agencies. The ‘Don’t Move Firewood’ website has developed through the work of a Dialogue subgroup focused on the objective: “Communicate and Market Key Ideas about Protecting Forests.” The Continental Dialogue Steering Committee approved development of the website. The following organizations formally support the website and play an on-going role in overseeing the content:
- Alliance for Community Trees
- American Forest Foundation
- American Nursery & Landscape Association
- National Association of State Foresters
- Partnership for Saving Threatened Forests
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Purdue University, Department of Entomology
- Society of American Florists
- Society of American Foresters
- The Nature Conservancy
- US Forest Service, Northeastern Area
If you have a question, please email the website coordinator, Leigh Greenwood. Her email is LGreenwood “at” TNC “dot” org. Thanks!