The Blog appears on dontmovefirewood.org, a website owned by The Nature Conservancy and operated under the auspices of the Continental Dialogue on Non-Native Insects and Diseases to communicate and market key ideas about protecting forests from the threat of non-native insects and diseases. The purpose of the Blog is to advance the public’s understand of how preventing the movement of firewood can prevent the spread of non-native insects and diseases. Users are encouraged to read and contribute to the Blog. Contributions should be succinct and factual with attributions to sources. Open communications about this critical issue will provide more opportunity for innovating solutions.
By posting or providing any content on or through the Website, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, limited license to reproduce, use, adapt, modify, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and create derivative works from such content in any form, and The Nature Conservancy may sublicense all or part of its rights under this license or assign them to third parties. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your content on or through the Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. The Nature Conservancy may delete any content that in the sole judgment of The Nature Conservancy may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. The Nature Conservancy has the right, but does not assume the responsibility, for monitoring the Website for inappropriate content. You are solely responsible for the content that you post on or through the Website.
The Conservancy at its sole discretion may reject or edit content contributed to the Blog. In its judgment, the Conservancy may reject content for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- any obvious factual inaccuracies or unattributed facts and/or quotes;
- personal attacks, objectionable language or images that would be considered socially or professional inappropriate, or insulting, libelous, defamatory, obscene, profane, harassing, discriminatory or unlawful statements;
- violations of intellectual property rights;
- disclosure of possible confidential or proprietary information;
- obvious factual errors;
- explicit or implicit statements on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office or links to candidate electioneering websites; and
- content intended to influence legislation that may be a violation of Conservancy policies and standard operating procedures.
By contributing to the Blog, the user
- represents he or she is at least 18 years of age;
- shall provide his or her legal name for attribute;
- has no reasonable expectation of privacy in use of the Blog;
- does not expect the Conservancy to protect any proprietary or other legal rights claimed by the contributor or owner of content;
- shall not disclose any other person or entity’s proprietary, confidential, or personal identifying information or violate any laws protecting privacy;
- shall not post any material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property laws without authority by the owner;
- shall not post any material that violates any contractual or fiduciary rights;
- shall not knowingly submit any factual inaccuracies or unattributed facts and/or quotes;
- shall not submit content that contains personal attacks, objectionable language or images that would be considered socially or professional inappropriate, or insulting, libelous, defamatory, obscene, profane, harassing, discriminatory or unlawful statements; and
- shall not submit content that contains any malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operations of technology assets such as a computer, network or website.